Kako reći na engleskom da nemamo vremena? Kako pristujno reći da sad ne možemo da pričamo o nekim novim informacijama, up-date, pomeranjima, ne možemo da izdvoijmo vreme da nekom pomognemo? Dajem vam u ovom tekstu 7 načina kako da se izvučete!
· “I’m all tied up now, can we talk let’s say in 30 minutes?
· “Sorry I was unable to return your call today. I didn’t have bandwidth.
1. I’m preoccupied.
U slučaju ,,da ne znamo gde bijemo“ , totalno smo preobukirani možemo da koristimo izraz : I’m preoccupied.
· Sorry, I’m a little preoccupied at the moment. Can I call you back later?
2. I’m tied up.
To tie znači vezati. Isto je značenje kao i I’m occupied.
· “I’m all tied up with this project. Try calling me in 50 minutes?
· “Sorry I was unable to return your call today. I was tied up in meetings all day. But we may have a ZOOM Meeting tomorrow just to go through the latest updates, if you agree?
3. I have a lot on my plate.
Zamislite tanjir prepun hrane, nema mest više ni za salatu, takav vam je raspored. Opet izraz I have a lot on my plate znači da imate previše obaveza i da u tom trenutku niste slobodni.
· I’d love to help you , but I’ve got too much on my plate right now.
· That’s a nice idea, but our team already has so much on our plate right now, I don’t think we’ll be able to work on it until at the least the end of month. We would be happy to schedule a meeting with your companies’ representatives and talk about the conditions.
4. I’m juggling a lot right now
Juggling znači žonglirati. Jednom rečju ukoliko ubacite još neku obavezu verovatno ne jedna nego više nih neće biti urađene.
· I would love to come to the party but for me this week it is quite challenging. I’m juggling two sick kids at home and really tight deadlines. Can we go on drink next week?
· I really need to ask for some project reorganization. We have been working very hard and juggling so many different tasks but it seems it is not going to provide satisfactory results.
5. I don't have the bandwidth.
Bandwith se odnosi na količinu informacija koja se može poslati online. Termin je sa vremenom ušao u svakodnevni jezik.
· “Tim, I don’t have the bandwidth right now, sorry!”
· “I don't have the bandwidth to handle that right now. You could try asking me about that again in the end of the week?”
6. I’m spread pretty thin.
“To spread” se koristi kao glagol za nanošenje namaza na hleb: to spread butter over a toast. Takođe , “spreads” su namazi. Ukoliko “you thinly spread butter over bread” znači da se puter gotovo neće ni osetiti. Tako se i vi osećate kad već imate previše taskova i projekata i onda neko pokuša da vam skrene pažnju na nešto drugo.
· I’m sorry, but I’m afraid I can’t take on another commitment this semester. I’ve already spread myself too thin with two extracurricular projects.
· I realize that your resources on your team are spread thin at the moment, but please do keep this idea in mind.
7. I’m swamped.
“To be swamped” znači biti preplavjen preokupiran poslom.
· We’re launching a new product this week, so I'm really really swamped. But starting on Monday, I'll be quite free.
My two colleagues are on sick leave, so I’m swamped, may we talk about this in three days?
Kako vi kažete da ste zauzeti?